It’s never too late to find a last-minute deal, and Hotels.com has analyzed thousands of its hotel rates across the globe to identify the best times to take advantage of the cheapest accommodation. The booking site has identified two separate periods over the coming months to get the best last-minute hotel deals when booking right now. For what will probably be your last travel booking of the year, there’s no reason to pay expensive prices to enjoy the holiday season.
Many people book their trips far in advance of the holidays to avoid being hit with the highest prices, but there are still some great deals that you can find close to the season. According to Hotels.com, nightly hotel rates are expected to dip over two separate time periods in December and January, with accommodation rates falling below $150 a night, but you will need to act now.
“What’s great about this latest Hotels.com intel is that we’ve zeroed in on exactly when to travel for some of the best rates,” said Melanie Fish, spokesperson for Hotels.com, in a press release.
What Are The Best Times To Travel For Deals This Season
Hotels.com pinpointed two separate times for traveling this season, where you’ll be able to score cheaper deals on accommodation below $150
- The best time for deals this year is the weekend before Christmas: December 15 – December 20
- The best time for deals next year is after the New Year holiday: January 3 – January 8
Since most travel will be focused around Christmas and New year’s Eve, travelers will likely find cheaper accommodation rates in-between these dates. If you have the flexibility to travel during these times, you’ll find fewer people and lower prices. Hotels.com says that hotel rates can drop as much as $50-100 per night, which is a quarter or a half of what typical summer rates were – above $200 per night.
When Is the Most Expensive Time To Travel This Year
It will come as no surprise that New Year’s Eve weekend (30th December – 1st January) will see the highest hotel rates this winter. Hotels.com reports nightly rates in areas of the Caribbean, such as Turks and Caicos and the Caymans, are averaging above $800 per night, while top-rated ski destinations like Park City and Vail are more than $600 per night.
How To Find Last-Minute Deals
- Branch Out From Luxury Accommodation: you can find some great deals on 2 or 3-star hotels that offer stylish and fantastic travel experiences. Check out the seasonal reviews of the hotels to find which ones will give the best value for your money.
- Make Filters Your Friend: when using booking sites, use the different filter options to find the best accommodation that suits your needs. You can filter by price and find select hotels that are offering better price cuts compared to others.
- Shop Around: you might need to do some extra digging, but often the savings are worth it when you compare different destinations and hotels across different booking sites.
What Are Some Last Minute Deals Right Now
Hotels.com analyzed average hotel rates in the app and has pulled together a recommendation of some popular domestic and international destinations that all fall below $150 for this cold shoulder season. From hot tubs in snow-covered terrains like Denver to Mai Tais by the pool in Puerto Rico, these 3-star and above locations will make a fantastic and memorable last-minute holiday without eating too much into your savings.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com